Site Map & Contact
Content Visual Standard
(*Translation only. The only legally binding version of this document is the German one.)
On application, you are entitled to receive information about your personal data which has been stored. You are also entitled to have data corrected, blocked or deleted. If you have a question about this, please contact our Data Protection Office email: email@example.com. If you access sites or files from within our websites and are requested to enter information about yourself, please note that such data is transmitted through the internet in a unsecured form and could therefore be accessed and manipulated by unauthorized third parties.
Continental AG only stores personal data relating to users of its websites if consent for this has been given. The only data which is stored relates to the date and time of the visit, the sites visited, the name of the internet service provider concerned and that of the website from which the user accessed Continental's websites. Continental AG uses this information to measure website activity, to produce statistics and to improve the services and information provided via the websites. Personal data of the user are solely used to process enquiries, on the basis of consent granted by the user for a defined purpose, in compliance with respective data protection regulations. Continental AG implemented global, uniform and internal Data Protection Rules (Binding Corporate Rules) based on legal requirements, which regulates the protection of your personal data.
The personal data which you chose to provide us with we will use generally to:
- respond to your inquiry;
- process your order; or
- provide you access to specific information or offers
To maintain customer relations it may also be necessary to:
- store and process personal data and share it within the Continental Corporation to better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services; or
- we (or a third party on our behalf) may use personal data to contact you about a Continental Automotive GmbH offer in support of your business needs or to conduct online surveys to understand our customers needs better.
Naturally we understand if you do not want to allow your personal data to be used for our customer relationship support (particularly for direct marketing or market research). We will therefore not sell or market your data to any third party other than those within the Continental Corporation
Continental Corporation will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the collection, use or disclosure:
- is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected;
- is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you;
- is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense; or
- is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Continental Corporation information technology systems to damage data safety.
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Web site, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Continental uses technical and organizational security measures.
Continental Automotive GmbH websites contain links to other Web sites.Continental Automotive GmbH is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.